POTATO, SPRING ONION & CHEDDAR WAFFLES
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 5 – 10 MINS
30g unsalted butter
1 brown onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
550g Spud Lite potatoes, grated & squeezed tightly with a clean tea towel
½ cup (65g) cornflour
3 spring onions, finely sliced
½ cup (60g) strong cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon dried English mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
200g smoked salmon
1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
1 tablespoon chives
¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring until combined. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until onion is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Place the squeezed potato into a large mixing bowl with cornflour, tossing until well coated.
3. Add cooked onion mixture, spring onions and cheddar stirring to combine.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, stirring until well combined. Add to potato mixture, stirring to combine.
5. Heat a waffle iron following manufacturers instructions. Lightly oil and place half cup fulls of mixture into the centre, spreading out with a spatula. Cook on high for 5-10 minutes or until edges are crispy and centre is cooked through.
6. To serve, evenly divide smoked salmon between the four waffles and top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 teaspoon each of baby capers and chopped chives, finishing with a sprinkle of paprika.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...