POTATO ROMESCO SALAD WITH CAULIFLOWER
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1.5 HOUR
750g bag Spud Lite baby potatoes, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds & halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 red onion, halved and sliced
2 red capsicum
1 chorizo, skin removed and finely chopped
1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup (125ml) olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
1 ¼ cups (100g) flaked almonds, dry-roasted
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons tomato paste
Pinch saffron strands, soaked in ½ cup (125ml) water
½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Combine potato, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine. Spread onto prepared roasting tray and cook in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Combine cauliflower florets, onion slices, salt and pepper together in a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine. Spread onto prepared roasting tray and cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. Increase oven temperature to 250°C (230°C fan-forced).
5. Rub capsicums with olive oil and place in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until skins are blistered and charred. Remove from oven, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to cool. Remove skins, seeds and stem and thinly slice roasted red capsicum, set aside until required.
6. Place finely chopped chorizo in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
7. Meanwhile for the romesco sauce place half the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove garlic from pan and set aside. Add breadcrumbs to the pan, stir to combine and cook until golden and crispy. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
8. In a food processor combine garlic, breadcrumbs, almonds, 200g of the roasted red peppers, vinegar, tomato paste, saffron mixture, paprika and remaining olive oil, processing until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside until required.
9. For the salad, combine roast potatoes, cauliflower, onion, remaining roasted red capsicum, cooked chorizo and parsley leaves, tossing until well combined. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly.
10. To serve, spread half the Romesco sauce* over a platter and top with salad.
*NOTE – Remaining sauce can be served to accompany salad or as a dip or to accompany barbecued meats.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...