Chunky Roast Chicken, Potato & Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 stick celery, diced in 1cm cubes
- 500g Spud Lite potatoes, dices into 1cm cubes
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 litres chicken soup
- 1/2 BBQ chicken, deboned and shredded
- 250g pack dried egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - Pre-heat Oven
Pre-heat oven on 220 degrees Celsius (180 degrees Celsius fan-forced).
Step 2 - Cook Spud Lite Potatoes and Other Vegetables
Place carrots, celery and potatoes in a baking pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, tossing until well coated. Place pan in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until vegetables are golden. Remove from heat and set aside until required.
Step 3 - Cook Onion & Garlic
Heat remaining olive oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
Step 4 - Add Chicken
Add chicken stock, shredded chicken and roasted vegetables, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Step 5 - Cook Egg Noodles
Add egg noodles and cook following pack instructions.
Step 6 - Add Remaining Ingredients & Serve
Add peas, thyme parsley and lemon juice, stirring until combined. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly.