Smoky Bacon, Spud Lite Potato & Spring Green Frittata
Serves: 8 to 10
- 500g Spud Lite baby potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125g smoked bacon, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 8 extra-large free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan cheese
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (100g) Danish feta, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 flat leaf parsley, chopped
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - Steam Spud Lite
Place potatoes in a steamer and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Add asparagus for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, refresh under cold water and halve potatoes.
Step 2 - Cook Onion, Garlic and Bacon
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium heavy-based frying pan over a low heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat.
Step 3 - Mix egg
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper, whisking to combine. Add feta, stirring gently to combine.
Step 4 - Mix Frittata
Add onion mixture, cooked potatoes, asparagus, peas, mint and parsley to the egg mixture, stirring gently until well combined.
Step 5 - Preheat grill
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Step 6 - Cook Frittata
Add remaining olive oil to the same frying pan over a low heat. Carefully pour the potato mixture into the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until egg begins setting around the edges and starts turning golden underneath.
Step 7 - Grill Frittata
Place the frying pan under preheated grill to cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until set, being careful of the handle when removing from the grill.
Step 6 - Serving Time
Serve frittata hot or cold.