POTATO, CARAMELISED ONION & ROSEMARY PIZZA WITH PROSCUITTO
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 35 MINS
MAKES: 3 PIZZAS
1kg fresh pizza dough
750gm bag baby Spud Lite potatoes, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups pizza cheese
150gm prosciutto, thinly sliced
1/2 cup baby rocket
2 tbs olive oil
2 large brown onions, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dark brown sugar
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY OIL
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbs chopped rosemary
Salt flakes and freshly ground
1. Preheat oven to 250°C (230°C fan-forced) and if using a pizza stone place this in the oven to heat through.
2. For the caramelized onion, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add sliced onion, stirring until well coated. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is soft. Increase heat to medium, add vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, stirring until sugar dissolves and begins to caramelise. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. For the garlic and rosemary oil, place all the ingredients together in a small saucepan over a low heat and cook for 10 minutes, making sure garlic does not burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add sliced potatoes, return to boil and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Place warm potato slices in a mixing bowl and pour over half the garlic and rosemary oil, tossing until well coated, adding extra required.
5. On a clean lightly floured work surface, roll a dough ball into a 25-30cm round, approximately 5mm thick.
To assemble pizza, remove pizza stone from oven (if using) or lightly oil a baking tray and place prepared dough on top. Spread pizza base with a 1/3 of the cooled caramelised onion mixture, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Scatter over the par cooked potato slices and pizza cheese. Place in oven and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and base is toasted. Scatter over some torn prosciutto slices and return pizza to oven for 2 minutes to warm through. Remove from oven.
6. To serve, sprinkle baby rocket over the top and cut into 6 – 8 slices.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...