POTATO, SPRING ONION & CHEDDAR WAFFLES
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 5 – 10 MINS
30g unsalted butter
1 brown onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
550g Spud Lite potatoes, grated & squeezed tightly with a clean tea towel
½ cup (65g) cornflour
3 spring onions, finely sliced
½ cup (60g) strong cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon dried English mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
200g smoked salmon
1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
1 tablespoon chives
¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring until combined. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until onion is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Place the squeezed potato into a large mixing bowl with cornflour, tossing until well coated.
3. Add cooked onion mixture, spring onions and cheddar stirring to combine.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, stirring until well combined. Add to potato mixture, stirring to combine.
5. Heat a waffle iron following manufacturers instructions. Lightly oil and place half cup fulls of mixture into the centre, spreading out with a spatula. Cook on high for 5-10 minutes or until edges are crispy and centre is cooked through.
6. To serve, evenly divide smoked salmon between the four waffles and top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 teaspoon each of baby capers and chopped chives, finishing with a sprinkle of paprika.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE AND CHICKPEA SOUP PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix1 large brown onion, peeled and diced2 sticks celery, diced1 large carrot, peeled and diced400g crushed tomatoes1...
Italian Style Meatballs with Basil & Parmesan Mashed Potato PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 30 MINS SERVES: 4 - 5 INGREDIENTS Meatballs in Tomato Soup 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs ¼ cup milk 250g beef mince 250g pork mince 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 teaspoons dried...
COCONUT, LIME AND CHILLI POTATO BAKE PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR, 40 MINS SERVES: 6 INGREDIENTS 1kg Spud Lite potatoes 270ml tin coconut cream 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock ½ teaspoon soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 long red chilli, deseeded...