PREP TIME: 15 MINS PLUS STANDING TIME
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
700g Spud Lite potatoes, halved
1 teaspoon salt flakes
2/3 cup (160ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 large brown onion, peeled and diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Using a mandolin, thinly slice potatoes and place in a colander over a mixing bowl. Add salt flakes, tossing to combine and leave to stand for 20 minutes, to help remove additional water from the potatoes.
2. Heat ½ cup (125ml) olive oil in a 24cm heavy based frying pan over a low heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until onion is very soft. Remove onion from pan using a slotted spoon, leaving oil in pan and set aside until required.
3. Pat dry potatoes before adding to the pan and stirring until well coated in oil. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and lightly whisk. Add onion mixture, cooked potatoes and parsley, stirring very gently until well coated.
5. Add remaining olive oil to pan over a medium-low heat. Pour potato mixture into the pan, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until edges are set. Carefully release the sides of the tortilla and invert tortilla onto a plate. Carefully slide tortilla back into the pan, pushing sides under with a spatula and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, until egg is completely set. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
6. Serve Spanish tortilla with cured meats, olives, salad leaves and crusty bread.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...