SPUD LITE ROSTI BURGER
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
750gm Spud Lite potatoes, coarsely grated
150gm butter melted
1 tbs dried onion powder
1 tsp dried garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbs dried oregano
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Brioche burger buns, halved
1/2 cup aioli
1 butter lettuce
8 slices cheddar
2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
16 small slices pickled beetroot, drained
8 eggs, fried
1/2 cup tomato chutney
1. For the rosti, squeeze excess liquid from grated potatoes using hands and pat dry with paper towel. Place potato in a large mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of the melted butter, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper, stirring until mixture is well combined.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Divide potato into equal 8 portions (approx. ½ cup). Add 4 potato rosti to pan and press down firmly with a spatula. Cook for 5-6 minutes before turning, place a slice of cheese on top and cook a further 5-6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Repeat with remaining butter and potato mixture.
3. To assemble burgers, toast the sliced side of each burger under a high grill. Spread aioli over the toasted bottom of each bun and tomato chutney over the toasted top of each bun.
4. To assemble burgers, place butter lettuce leaves on top of aioli, followed by potato rosti, sliced tomato, beetroot and fried egg, finishing with the tomato chutney top.
5. Now it’s time to serve and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE AND CHICKPEA SOUP PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix1 large brown onion, peeled and diced2 sticks celery, diced1 large carrot, peeled and diced400g crushed tomatoes1...
Italian Style Meatballs with Basil & Parmesan Mashed Potato PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 30 MINS SERVES: 4 - 5 INGREDIENTS Meatballs in Tomato Soup 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs ¼ cup milk 250g beef mince 250g pork mince 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 teaspoons dried...
COCONUT, LIME AND CHILLI POTATO BAKE PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR, 40 MINS SERVES: 6 INGREDIENTS 1kg Spud Lite potatoes 270ml tin coconut cream 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock ½ teaspoon soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 long red chilli, deseeded...