SPUD LITE ROSTI BURGER
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
750gm Spud Lite potatoes, coarsely grated
150gm butter melted
1 tbs dried onion powder
1 tsp dried garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbs dried oregano
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Brioche burger buns, halved
1/2 cup aioli
1 butter lettuce
8 slices cheddar
2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
16 small slices pickled beetroot, drained
8 eggs, fried
1/2 cup tomato chutney
1. For the rosti, squeeze excess liquid from grated potatoes using hands and pat dry with paper towel. Place potato in a large mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of the melted butter, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper, stirring until mixture is well combined.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Divide potato into equal 8 portions (approx. ½ cup). Add 4 potato rosti to pan and press down firmly with a spatula. Cook for 5-6 minutes before turning, place a slice of cheese on top and cook a further 5-6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Repeat with remaining butter and potato mixture.
3. To assemble burgers, toast the sliced side of each burger under a high grill. Spread aioli over the toasted bottom of each bun and tomato chutney over the toasted top of each bun.
4. To assemble burgers, place butter lettuce leaves on top of aioli, followed by potato rosti, sliced tomato, beetroot and fried egg, finishing with the tomato chutney top.
5. Now it’s time to serve and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
TRAY ROASTED RACK OF LAMB AND ROASTED VEGETABLES PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 40 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 500g Spud Lite baby potatoes, halved ½ red capsicum, deseeded and chopped 1 medium zucchini, chopped into chunks 1 large red onion, peeled, halved and...
SPANISH STYLE MEATLOAF TOPPED WITH MASH PREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR AND 10 MINS SERVES: 6 - 8 INGREDIENTS 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 large brown onion, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, crushed 375g pork mince 375g beef mince 1 chorizo, skin removed and finely...
POTATO, CHICKEN, BACON AND LEEK PIE PREP TIME: 45 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 pinch saffron with ¼ cup water 200g Spud Lite baby potatoes, diced 2 tablespoons olive oil 400g chicken thigh, diced into 1cm cubes 100g smoky bacon, diced 1...