MOROCCAN POTATO, CARROT & ORANGE SOUP
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
1kg carrots, peeled and chopped into 2cm pieces
500g Spud Lite potatoes, diced
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons Moroccan spice mix
2 large leeks, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400ml bottle orange, carrot & ginger juice
1 litre vegetable stock
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Finely chopped mint leaves, extra
Finely chopped coriander leaves, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine carrots, potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and Moroccan spice mix, tossing until well coated. Place on prepared baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a large saucepan heat remaining oil over a low heat. Add leeks and garlic, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
4. Increase heat to medium, add roasted carrot mixture, juice and stock, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and puree until smooth. Add mint, coriander and season to taste.
5. Serve soup with a dollup of Greek yogurt, extra herbs and crusty bread.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...