MOROCCAN POTATO, CARROT & ORANGE SOUP
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
1kg carrots, peeled and chopped into 2cm pieces
500g Spud Lite potatoes, diced
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons Moroccan spice mix
2 large leeks, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400ml bottle orange, carrot & ginger juice
1 litre vegetable stock
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Finely chopped mint leaves, extra
Finely chopped coriander leaves, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine carrots, potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil and Moroccan spice mix, tossing until well coated. Place on prepared baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a large saucepan heat remaining oil over a low heat. Add leeks and garlic, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
4. Increase heat to medium, add roasted carrot mixture, juice and stock, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and puree until smooth. Add mint, coriander and season to taste.
5. Serve soup with a dollup of Greek yogurt, extra herbs and crusty bread.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
BUTTER CHICKEN PREP TIME: 15 MINS + MARINATING TIME COOKING TIME: 40 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 600g chicken thigh, cut into bite sized pieces 2 teaspoons butter chicken spice paste ½ cup Greek style yogurt 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons olive oil SAUCE...
BEEF & STOUT STEW WITH POTATO DUMPLINGS PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 3 HOURS SERVES: 8 INGREDIENTS ½ cup olive oil 1kg stewing beef, trimmed and cut into 2cm cubes ¼ cup plain flour 1 large brown onion, peeled and chopped 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped 1...
TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH HORSERADISH, GRAINY MUSTARD AND CHIVESPREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Spud Lite potatoes2 teaspoons olive oil1 large brown onion, peeled and dicedSalt flakes and freshly ground black pepper½ cup grated cheddar2...