POTATO & CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
SERVES: 4 – 6
750g Baby Spud Lite potatoes, quartered
4 extra-large eggs
2 teaspoons olive oil
400g chicken tenderloins
1 cup croutons
250g smoked bacon, diced
1 baby cos lettuce, rinsed and leaves separated
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
½ cup shaved parmesan
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1. For the dressing, combine yolk, mustard, garlic, anchovies, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice together in a food processor. With the motor running, slowly add olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper and stir in parmesan, until combined. Set aside until required.
2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water and slowly bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and return to saucepan with 1/3 of the dressing, tossing until well coated. Set aside to cool.
3. Place eggs in a medium saucepan, covered in cold water. Slowly bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season chicken tenderloins and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside until required.
5. Add bacon to the same pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside until required.
6. To serve salad, scatter cos lettuce leaves over a platter, followed by potatoes, chicken, bacon, croutons, spring onions and parmesan. Drizzle extra dressing over the top to finish.
7. Remove potatoes from oven, cut an incision in the top and spoon the mornay filling on top. Garnish with a extra sprig of coriander.
NOTE: alternatives to chilli tuna are lemon pepper or plain tuna in oil
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...