CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES
WITH SALSA VERDE AND FETA
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
750g Spud Lite baby potatoes, squashed
Spray olive oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cloves garlic, with skins on
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into segments
½ large red capsicum, deseeded and cut into chunks
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup parsley, roughly chopped
1/3 cup feta, crumbled
1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
1 tablespoon baby cornichons, drained and chopped
1 pink shallot, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chopped mint
1/4 cup chopped basil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
¼ cup olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220∞C (200∞C fan-forced).
2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place garlic, capsicum and onion in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place cooked potatoes on a roasting tray and squash with back of a spoon. Spray potatoes generously with olive oil until well coated all over and season well with salt and pepper. Place tray in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove baking tray from oven, turn potatoes over and add vegetable mixture to tray. Return tray to oven for a further 25 minutes.
6. For the salsa verde, combine all the ingredients together in a blender until mixture is smooth.
Serve smashed potatoes topped with parsley and feta and drizzled with salsa verde.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
BUTTER CHICKEN PREP TIME: 15 MINS + MARINATING TIME COOKING TIME: 40 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 600g chicken thigh, cut into bite sized pieces 2 teaspoons butter chicken spice paste ½ cup Greek style yogurt 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons olive oil SAUCE...
BEEF & STOUT STEW WITH POTATO DUMPLINGS PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 3 HOURS SERVES: 8 INGREDIENTS ½ cup olive oil 1kg stewing beef, trimmed and cut into 2cm cubes ¼ cup plain flour 1 large brown onion, peeled and chopped 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped 1...
TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH HORSERADISH, GRAINY MUSTARD AND CHIVESPREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Spud Lite potatoes2 teaspoons olive oil1 large brown onion, peeled and dicedSalt flakes and freshly ground black pepper½ cup grated cheddar2...