SPANISH STYLE MEATLOAF TOPPED WITH MASH
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR AND 10 MINS
SERVES: 6 – 8
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
375g pork mince
375g beef mince
1 chorizo, skin removed and finely chopped
1/3 cup semi dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 ½ teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground cumin
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
¼ cup green olives
1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g Chargrilled capsicums, pureed
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
1.Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease a 12cm x 22cm loaf tin and line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edges of pan.
2. For the mash potato, steam potatoes for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain saucepan and return potatoes to the pan. Using a potato masher or ricer, mash potatoes until smooth. Return pan to a medium heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, to help the mashed potato dry out.
3. Add aioli to mashed potatoes with parmesan, salt and pepper, stirring until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside until required.
4. Meanwhile, combine olive oil, onion and garlic together in a small saucepan over a low heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. Place all the meatloaf ingredients together in a large bowl, mixing until well combined. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon the meatloaf mixture into the loaf tin, on a baking tray in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, reducing temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Top meatloaf with mashed potato and return to oven for 30 minutes or until mash potato is golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE AND CHICKPEA SOUP PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix1 large brown onion, peeled and diced2 sticks celery, diced1 large carrot, peeled and diced400g crushed tomatoes1...
Italian Style Meatballs with Basil & Parmesan Mashed Potato PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 30 MINS SERVES: 4 - 5 INGREDIENTS Meatballs in Tomato Soup 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs ¼ cup milk 250g beef mince 250g pork mince 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 teaspoons dried...
COCONUT, LIME AND CHILLI POTATO BAKE PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR, 40 MINS SERVES: 6 INGREDIENTS 1kg Spud Lite potatoes 270ml tin coconut cream 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock ½ teaspoon soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 long red chilli, deseeded...