POTATO CHIPS WITH PARMESAN, TRUFFLE AND CHIVES
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 5 MINS
SERVES: 6-8 AS A SNACK
1 kg Spud Lite potatoes
2 litres canola oil
1 teaspoon salt flakes
2 teaspoons truffle oil
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1/3 cup tomato salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
Avocado, deseeded and diced
1. Using a mandolin, slice potatoes very thin. Place in a large bowl of cold water and rinse potato slices, to help remove the starch. When the water becomes cloudy, drain and repeat the process until the water runs clear.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add rinsed potato slices and cook until just tender and able to bend. Drain and refresh under cold water.
3. Using kitchen paper, pat dry to completely remove all water. Pour oil into a large pot a third full and place over medium heat until oil reaches 180°C.
4. Add small batches of dried potato slices, to prevent oil from losing temperature. Stir continuously for even cooking until potato turns golden brown. Remove from oil with a spider or slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Repeat the process with remaining potato slices and then season with truffle oil*, parmesan and chives, tossing until well coated.
*NOTE – To help distribute truffle oil evenly, use a small spray dispenser to lightly coat chips with truffle oil.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...