POTATO, BACON AND CORN CHOWDER
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
SERVES: 4 – 6
2 tablespoons olive oil
250g smoky bacon, chopped
2 large leeks, washed, trimmed and finely sliced
2 sticks celery, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
1 litre chicken stock
375ml tin evaporated milk
2 bay leaves
600g potato, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
3 cobs corn, kernels removed
¼ cup finely grated parmesan
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, over a medium heat. Add bacon, cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove a third of the bacon and set aside to garnish.
2. Add leeks, celery, garlic and paprika stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until leek is soft.
3. Add stock, milk, bay leaves, potato and corn, bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes or until potato is soft.
4. Using a stick blender, puree half the potato mixture until smooth, before returning to the remaining unblended soup. Add parmesan and season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
5. To serve, divide soup between bowls and garnish with reserved cooked bacon and spring onions.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...