MEXICAN SPUD LITE POTATO SALAD
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
SERVES: 6 – 8 AS A SIDE
750g bag baby Spud Lite potatoes, diced
2 cobs sweetcorn, chargrilled
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
200g smoked bacon, diced
½ small red onion, peeled and diced
½ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ avocado, halved, deseeded and diced
1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
Spicy Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise
1/3 cup egg mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
juice & zest of a lime
1 ½ tbsp chipotle chilli in adobe sauce, chopped
salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the mayonnaise, combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Set aside until required.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add diced potato and cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl with half the mayonnaise, tossing until well coated. Leave to cool.
3. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Add sweetcorn and cook for 3 minutes, remove from heat and pat dry with kitchen paper. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high, spray corn with oil and chargrill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chargrilled. Remove from heat and allow to cool before removing kernals. Set aside until required.
4. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 4 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Place bacon on a plate covered in kitchen paper.
5. To assemble salad, add remaining mayonnaise to potatoes with half the corn, bacon, red onion, cherry tomatoes and avocado, tossing until well coated. Place potato mixture in a serving bowl and scatter over remaining corn, bacon, red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado and coriander.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...