PESTO SPAGHETTI WITH GREEN BEANS
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
SERVES: 4 – 6
400g Spud Lite potatoes, halved and sliced into 1cm thick rounds
200g green beans, trimmed & halved
500g pack dried spaghetti
2 tablespoons baby basil leaves
Nutritional yeast (extra), to sprinkle
2 cups baby spinach
½ cup mint leaves
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ cup roasted almonds
¼ cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
1. For the pesto, place spinach, mint, garlic, roasted almonds, nutritional yeast and juice together in a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
2. While the food processor is going, carefully and slowly add the olive oil until the pesto is smooth and a consistency of your liking.
3. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan covered with cold water over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender, adding beans for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat and drain.
4. Meanwhile cook pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and reserve ½ cup (125ml) of cooking wate
5. Return drained pasta with reserved cooking water to the saucepan with half the pesto, tossing to combine. Add the cooked potatoes and beans tossing gently to combine.
6. To serve, divide pesto pasta between 4-6 bowls, scatter over baby basil leaves and sprinkle with extra nutritional yeast.
NOTE: any leftover pesto can be used as a dip, spread on sandwiches or frozen for another time.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...