PLANT-BASED SPUD LITE BURGERS
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR AND 10 MINS
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 bread rolls, halved & toasted
½ cup tomato chutney
6 butter lettuce leaves
6 slices beef tomato
6 large slices pickled beetroot, drained
½ cup vegan mayonnaise
2 teaspoons adobo sauce
600g Spud Lite potatoes
1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
2/3 cup vegetable stock
400g field mushroom, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons tomato sauce,
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
2 teaspoons lemon thyme leaves, roughly chopped
Salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced). Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place potatoes with skins on in preheated oven for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing skins and placing flesh into a large mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash the potato until smooth. Set aside until required.
3. Meanwhile place quinoa and stock together in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated and the quinoa unravels and expands. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Place mushroom in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Heat oil in a large saute pan over a low heat. Add onion, garlic and chopped mushrooms, stirring until well coated. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until onion is tender and mushrooms are sweated down. Add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cornflour, parsley and thyme, stirring until combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. To make the burger mix, add cooked quinoa, cooked mushroom mixture, salt and pepper to the mashed potato, stirring until well combined. Using a ½ cup measure, shape a heaped scoop of burger mixture using clean hands, to form a burger. Place burger patties on prepared baking tray until required.
6. For the mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise and adobo sauce together in a small mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Set aside until required.
7. To cook burgers, heat a chargrill pan or non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Brush patties with olive oil and cook in preheated pan for 4 minutes on each side or until patties are warmed through.
8. To assemble burgers, spread tomato chutney on the cut side of the toasted bread roll bases, followed by the lettuce leaves. Place cooked burgers on top, followed by tomato and beetroot slices. Spread chipotle mayonnaise on the cut side of the toasted bread roll tops. Place on top of beetroot slices and serve.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...