POTATO, CARROT & HERB FALAFEL
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR AND 40 MINS
½ cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
1 tablespoon mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
2 cups baby spinach,
1 medium beetroot, peeled and gated
½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup sauerkraut, drained
450g Spud Lite potatoes
½ x 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 small carrot, peeled & finely grated
1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
¼ cup (35g) sesame seeds
½ cup natural vegan almond yogurt
2 tablespoons tahini
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of a lemon
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place whole potatoes into preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly before removing skins and placing flesh in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Place chickpeas in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
4. Add chopped chickpeas, carrot, onion, garlic, chilli, cumin, ground and fresh coriander and mint to the cooked potato, mixing until well combined. Using a tablespoon as a measure, roll heaped spoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in sesame seeds. Place falafel balls on prepared baking tray in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile for the tahini sauce, combine all ingredients together in a small food processor, processing until smooth and well combined. Cover and refrigerate until required.
6. For the quiona, place drained quinoa in a medium saucepan with stock over a medium heat. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated and the quinoa unravels and expands. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
7. To assemble nourish bowls, combine cooked quinoa, mint, cucumber, salt and pepper together, stirring until combined. Evenly divide quinoa mixture between four bowls. Top each bowl with baby spinach, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, sauerkraut and cooked falafel. Serve with tahini dressing.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...