BAKED POTATO WITH CHILLI TUNA, SWEETCORN
AND CORIANDER MORNAY
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
4 large Spud Lite potatoes
185g tin tuna in chilli oil
1 large brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup lite milk
1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
1 tsp lime zest
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup frozen sweet corn
1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
4 coriander sprigs (extra), to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Place potatoes on a baking tray in preheated oven for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile for the mornay, drain chilli oil into a medium saucepan over a low heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is soft.
4. Add flour, stirring for 2 minutes to combine and increase heat to medium. Slowly add milk, stirring continuously until mixture becomes smooth and thickens. Add cheese, zest, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese has melted and combined.
5. To finish mornay, add tuna (removing chilli), sweetcorn and coriander, stirring until tuna has broken up and mixture is combined.
6. Remove potatoes from oven, cut an incision in the top and spoon the mornay filling on top. Garnish with a extra sprig of coriander.
NOTE: alternatives to chilli tuna are lemon pepper or plain tuna in oil.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...