BUBBLE AND SQUEAK PANCAKES
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 30 MINS
¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
150g smoked bacon, diced
1 leek, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
300g Brussel sprouts or cabbage, finely shredded
500g cold Spud Lite mashed potato
½ cup (60g) vintage cheddar, grated
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon thyme leaves, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 120ºC (100ºC fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add bacon, leek and garlic, cooking for 5 minutes or until bacon is cooked and leeks are golden. Add sprouts, cover and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cold mash potato, cheddar, cooled bacon mixture, parsley, thyme, zest, salt and pepper, stirring until well combined.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in the same non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Evenly divide potato mixture into four and place one quarter in the pan. Using the back of a spoon press down gently until 2cm thick and shape into a round. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden before flipping with a spatula and cooking for a further 3-4 minutes. Place onto prepared baking tray and keep warm in preheated oven. Repeat process with remaining potato mixture.
5. Serve bubble and squeak as a brunch with fried eggs and roasted tomatoes or as a dinner with sausages, peas and gravy.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...