PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 30 MINS
2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup (125ml) fish stock
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons mirin
1 tsp finely grated ginger
1 cup (150g) plain self-raising flour, sifted
2 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large Spud Lite potato, grated
150g green prawn meat, finely chopped
100g calamari, finely chopped
1 cup (80g) shredded cabbage
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
3 spring onions, finely chopped
¼ cup (90g) tomato sauce
1 ½ tablespoons Worstershire sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon caster sugar
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup (100g) Kewpie mayonnaise
1/3 cup pickled ginger
2/3 cup bonito flakes
1 tablespoon aonori flakes (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, stock, soy sauce, mirin and ginger, whisking to combine. Add flour, stirring until batter is smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. For the Okonomiyaki sauce, place all the ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Set aside until required.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add Spud Lite potato, prawn and calamari to the pan, cooking until potato softens and seafood becomes opaque. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
4. Remove rested batter from fridge. Add cabbage, carrot, spring onions and cooked seafood mixture to the batter, stirring to combine.
5. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Using a 1 cup measure, spoon pancake mixture into the centre of the pan and shape pancake into a 15cm disk. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a skewer comes out of the centre clean. Repeat process with remaining mixture.
6. To serve, place each pancake on a plate and drizzle with Okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise. To finish top each pancake with 1 tablespoon of pickled ginger, 2 tablespoons of bonito flakes and 1 teaspoon aonori flakes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...