PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 45 MINS
2 tablespoons olive oil
400g Spud Lite baby potatoes, quartered
1 medium red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 large red capsicum, deseeded and diced
400g tin crushed tomatoes
½ cup (125ml) vegetable stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 extra-large eggs
¼ cup coriander leaves
1 tablespoon goats feta, crumbled
Flat breads, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 200∞C (180∞C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place potatoes on prepared baking tray, drizzle over 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside until required.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a low heat. Add onion, garlic, coriander and cumin seeds, paprika and capsicum, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion and capsicum are soft.
4. Add tomatoes, stock and paste, stirring to combine and season to taste. Add roasted potatoes, stirring until well coated. Increase heat to medium, cook for 10-15 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
5. Using the back of a spoon, quickly shape four holes in the tomato mixture and break an egg into each hole. Place pan back on the stove until tomato mixture is bubbling. Sprinkle over the feta, place pan in preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes or until eggs have just set. Remove from oven and sprinkle over coriander to serve
6. Serve potato shakshuka with toasted flat breads.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...