BARBECUED PRAWN, EGGPLANT & POTATO SALAD WITH A TAMARIND DRESSING
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
SERVES: 4 AS A MAIN
AND 8 AS A SIDE
750g Baby Spud Lite potatoes, halved and cut into 5mm thick slices
2 ½ tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
1 eggplant, halved and cut into 5mm thick slices
500g peeled green prawns
2 pink shallots, thinly sliced
1 long red chilli, finely chopped
1 punnet coloured cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup coriander leaves
1/3 cup mint leaves
¼ cup Thai basil leaves
2 tablespoons crispy fried shallots
2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
2 tablespoon tamarind paste
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1. For the dressing. Place all Tamarind dressing ingredients in a small bowl and combine. Set aside until required.
2. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan covered in cold water over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
3. Place hot potatoes in a large bowl and pour over half the dressing, tossing to combine. Cover and allow to cool completely.
4. Heat a barbecue to medium high. Brush eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons oil and cook on barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side or until tender and cooked through. Remove from barbecue and set aside until required.
5. Toss prawns in remaining oil and place on barbecue, cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until prawns become opaque and are cooked through. Remove from barbecue and place on a plate to cool.
6. To serve salad, add cooked eggplant and prawns, shallots, chilli, cherry tomatoes to the cooled potato with remaining dressing, tossing to combine. Add coriander, mint and basil leaves, tossing to combine.
7. To serve, sprinkle crispy fried shallots and roasted peanuts over the top to finish.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...