POTATO, SMOKED SALMON & CHIVE SCONES
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
60g unsalted butter, diced
½ cup buttermilk
1 cup Spud Lite mashed potato
1 extra-large egg, lightly whisked
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
¼ cup chopped chives
100g smoked salmon, finely chopped
Spreadable cream cheese
Smoked salmon, extra
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place flour, parmesan, salt and pepper together in the bowl of a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Place mixture into a large mixing bowl and make a well in centre of mixture. Add 1/3 cup buttermilk, mashed potato, egg, mustard, chives and smoked salmon. Using a flat-bladed knife, cut through mixture until a sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth.
4. Shape into a disc 3cm thick and using a 5cm round cutter cut out scones. Reshape dough offcuts and repeat process.
5. Place scones on prepared baking tray and brush tops with extra buttermilk. Bake scones in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
Serve scones with cream cheese, smoked salmon and dill.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...