PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
800g Spud Lite potatoes
¼ cup grated parmesan
1 ½ teaspoons dried English mustard
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 tablespoon flour
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
30g butter, melted
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 litre vegetable oil
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chipotle chilli
1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan covered with cold water over a high heat. Cover, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Finely grate potatoes.
2. Place grated potato, parmesan, mustard, garlic, paprika, dried herbs, flour, salt, pepper and melted butter together in a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
3. Using a tablespoon as a measure, shape half spoonfuls of potato mixture into oval shaped balls. Roll each ball in panko breadcrumbs until well coated. Place on a tray until required.
4. Fill a medium saucepan 1/3 full of vegetable oil. Place over a medium heat until oil reaches 180∞C. Carefully place 4-5 gems at a time into the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until evenly golden. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon or spider and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat process with remaining gems.
5. Combine the sour cream, chilli and coriander together in a small serving bowl.
6. Serve hot potato gems with sour cream dipping sauce.
NOTE: alternatives to chilli tuna are lemon pepper or plain tuna in oil
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...