PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
800g Spud Lite potatoes
¼ cup grated parmesan
1 ½ teaspoons dried English mustard
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 tablespoon flour
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
30g butter, melted
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 litre vegetable oil
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chipotle chilli
1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan covered with cold water over a high heat. Cover, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Finely grate potatoes.
2. Place grated potato, parmesan, mustard, garlic, paprika, dried herbs, flour, salt, pepper and melted butter together in a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
3. Using a tablespoon as a measure, shape half spoonfuls of potato mixture into oval shaped balls. Roll each ball in panko breadcrumbs until well coated. Place on a tray until required.
4. Fill a medium saucepan 1/3 full of vegetable oil. Place over a medium heat until oil reaches 180∞C. Carefully place 4-5 gems at a time into the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until evenly golden. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon or spider and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat process with remaining gems.
5. Combine the sour cream, chilli and coriander together in a small serving bowl.
6. Serve hot potato gems with sour cream dipping sauce.
NOTE: alternatives to chilli tuna are lemon pepper or plain tuna in oil
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE AND CHICKPEA SOUP PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix1 large brown onion, peeled and diced2 sticks celery, diced1 large carrot, peeled and diced400g crushed tomatoes1...
Italian Style Meatballs with Basil & Parmesan Mashed Potato PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 30 MINS SERVES: 4 - 5 INGREDIENTS Meatballs in Tomato Soup 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs ¼ cup milk 250g beef mince 250g pork mince 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 teaspoons dried...
COCONUT, LIME AND CHILLI POTATO BAKE PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR, 40 MINS SERVES: 6 INGREDIENTS 1kg Spud Lite potatoes 270ml tin coconut cream 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock ½ teaspoon soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 long red chilli, deseeded...