Potato and Pulled Pork Empanadas
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
COOKING TIME: 30 MINS
350g Spud Lite potatoes, finely diced
2 teaspoons cornflour
¾ cup Beerenberg BBQ Ale Sauce
250g pre-cooked pulled pork
100g roasted red capsicum, finely diced
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 x 445g packs sour cream shortcrust pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly whisked
Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place diced potatoes in a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
3. For the filling, combine cornflour and BBQ sauce together in a medium mixing bowl, stirring until well combined. Add pork, cooked potato, diced capsicum and parsley, mixing until well coated and combined.
4. On a lightly floured work surface roll each pastry sheet to a thickness of 3mm. Cut 14 x 10cm rounds from each sheet of pastry, re-rolling to achieve this.
5. Place heaped tablespoons of the filling mixture in the centre of each pastry round. Brush edges with egg wash and press firmly to seal. Place empanadas on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Brush outside with egg wash and garnish with sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...