POTATO, LEEK & GOATS CHEESE GALETTE
PREP TIME: 25 MINS
COOKING TIME: 55 MINS
400g baby Spud Lite potatoes, thinly sliced
1 sheet all butter puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
1 leek (white part only), finely sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
150g soft goat cheese
¼ cup parmesan, finely grated
2 teaspoons dried tarragon
Zest of ½ lemon
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1 punnet rainbow cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon basil, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place potatoes in a saucepan covered in cold water over a medium heat. Slowly bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just tender, remove from heat, drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. Set aside until required.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add leeks and garlic, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until leek is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine leek mixture, soft goat cheese, parmesan, tarragon, zest, salt and pepper.
5. Place pastry on prepared baking tray. Using a sharp knife score a border 2cm wide. Spoon the goat cheese mixture into the centre of the rectangle and spread evenly out to the scored border.
6. Place semi-cooked potato in a mixing bowl with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Layer potato slices over the goat cheese filling.
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is risen and golden.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...