RAINBOW POTATO SALAD WITH PICKLED RED ONIONS
PREP TIME: 20 MINS + PICKLING TIME
COOKING TIME: 50 MINS
750g baby Spud Lite potatoes, quartered
600g Sweet potato, quartered and thickly sliced
400g baby beetroot, quartered
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons Za-atar
2 cups podded edamame, blanched
¼ cup shredded mint leaves
Creamy garlic, mint and feta dressing
200g smooth feta, crumbled
1 clove garlic
Zest ½ lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
200g Greek style yogurt
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Lemon pickled red onion
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
Juice of a large lemon
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
2. For the pickled onion, place onion in a bowl and pour over lemon juice, tossing to coat. Leave to stand for 1 hour. Drain, discarding lemon juice.
3. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl with 2 teaspoons of oil and 1 teaspoon Za-atar, tossing until well coated. Spread onto a prepared baking tray. Repeat process with sweet potato and beetroot and spread onto remaining baking tray.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, placing potatoes on the top shelf. Swap shelves and cook vegetables for a further 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. For the dressing, combine feta, garlic, zest and oil together in an electric stand mixing with a balloon whisk, beating until soft and smooth. Add yogurt, salt and pepper whisking to combine.
6. To serve, combine roasted vegetables, edamame and mint together in a large mixing bowl, tossing gently to combine. Spread dressing across a large plate or platter and top with roasted vegetables and pickled onion.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...