POTATO AND ROSEMARY FOCACCIA
PREP TIME: 20 MINS + PROVING TIME
COOKING TIME: 40 MINS
- 3/4 cup (180ml) tepid water
- 2 teaspoons fast-action yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup Spud Lite potatoes, mashed (approx. 150g peeled potato)
- 2 1/3 cups (350g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 200g Spud Lite potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pink shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- Salt flakes
1. In a small mixing bowl combine water, yeast and sugar together, stirring to combine. Leave to stand for 10 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble.
2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer combine potato, flour, parmesan, salt and oil, mixing to combine. Add yeast mixture, mixing to combine. With the electric mixer on 3-4 knead dough for 10 minutes or until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to double in size, approximately 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 230ÅãC (210ÅãC fan-forced) and lightly oil a rectangular oven proof dish 20cm x 30cm.
4. For the topping, place sliced potato in boiling water for 5 minutes and refresh under cold water. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add sliced garlic and shallots, cook for 3-4 minutes or until shallots are soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool, before mixing gently with cooked potato. Set aside until required.
5. Remove dough from bowl and with lightly oiled hands push dough into prepared pan and using finger tips create deep indentations. Evenly scatter potato mixture over the top, followed by rosemary sprigs. Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size, approximately 1 hour.
6. Remove plastic wrap and drizzle over the top with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt flakes. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bread and potatoes are golden, and the base sounds hollow when tapped.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...