POTATO, MUSHROOM AND GARLIC BAKE
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR, 15 MINS
- 1.5kg bag Spud Lite potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large field mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped sage leaves
- 1 large brown onion, halved and sliced
Cheese and garlic sauce
- 2 cups (500ml) thickened cream
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a round 1.5 litre baking dish with butter and place on a baking tray.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice potatoes with skins on 1-2mm thick. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add sliced potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and onion, cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and add sage, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Set aside until required.
- In a small saucepan combine cream and garlic together in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to the boil. Remove from heat, add parmesan, salt and pepper stirring gently to combine. Set aside until required.,
- Place potatoes upright around the edge of the baking dish, repeat in the centre. Push mushroom mixture down between the potato slices.
- Carefully pour cream mixture over the potatoes, making sure it gets down between the potato slices and cover dish with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...