POTATO, SPINACH AND CAULIFLOWER BAKE
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 45 MINS
- 750g bag baby Spud Lite potatoes, quartered
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 120g bag baby spinach
- 50g unsalted butter, diced
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chunky fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- For the cheese sauce, combine butter, flour and milk together in a small saucepan over a medium heat, stirring continuously until butter melts and sauce thickens. Add garlic, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Remove from heat, cover with plastic wrap and set aside until required.
- Place potatoes in a pot covered in cold water over a high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes or until potato is tender, adding cauliflower for the final 2 minutes. Place spinach in a colander and drain potato mixture over it. Return vegetables to the saucepan.
- Pour cheese sauce over vegetables, stirring gently to combine.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and cheddar. Place dish in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until top is bubbling and golden.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...