PROVENCAL STYLE SMASHED POTATOES
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR, 15 MINS
- 2 x 750g baby Spud Lite Potatoes
- 1 bulb garlic, broken into individual cloves with skin on
- 1/2 cup caper berries, rinsed
- ½ cup semi dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup black olive tapenade
- 4 anchovies (optional), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of gently boiling water for 25 minutes. Drain.
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, garlic, tapenade, anchovies, mixed herbs, salt and pepper together in a small bowl, stirring to combine.
- Place hot drained potatoes on two lightly oiled non-stick baking trays. Using the back of a wooden spoon crush potatoes and drizzle over dressing. Place in preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes. Turn potatoes over and scatter garlic cloves and caper berries between the two trays. Return trays to oven on opposite shelves for a further 25 minutes or until golden and crispy, adding tomatoes for the final 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- To serve, place crispy potatoes on a platter and sprinkle over fresh parsley.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...