SPUD LITE ROSTI BURGER
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
750gm Spud Lite potatoes, coarsely grated
150gm butter melted
1 tbs dried onion powder
1 tsp dried garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbs dried oregano
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Brioche burger buns, halved
1/2 cup aioli
1 butter lettuce
8 slices cheddar
2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
16 small slices pickled beetroot, drained
8 eggs, fried
1/2 cup tomato chutney
1. For the rosti, squeeze excess liquid from grated potatoes using hands and pat dry with paper towel. Place potato in a large mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of the melted butter, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper, stirring until mixture is well combined.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Divide potato into equal 8 portions (approx. ½ cup). Add 4 potato rosti to pan and press down firmly with a spatula. Cook for 5-6 minutes before turning, place a slice of cheese on top and cook a further 5-6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Repeat with remaining butter and potato mixture.
3. To assemble burgers, toast the sliced side of each burger under a high grill. Spread aioli over the toasted bottom of each bun and tomato chutney over the toasted top of each bun.
4. To assemble burgers, place butter lettuce leaves on top of aioli, followed by potato rosti, sliced tomato, beetroot and fried egg, finishing with the tomato chutney top.
5. Now it’s time to serve and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...