POTATO, ZUCCHINI, BASIL AND GOATS CHEESE FRITATTA
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINS
600g Spud Lite baby potatoes
10 baby zucchini with flowers, trimmed & stamens removed
1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 large brown onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
8 extra-large free range eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (80g) grated parmesan cheese
½ cup (100g) goats feta, cut into small cubes
½ cup (75g) semi dried tomatoes
½ cup basil leaves, torn
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Place potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, refresh under cold water and halve potatoes.
3. Slice half the baby zucchini into rounds and tear the flower petals.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium cast iron or oven proof frying pan over a low heat. Add onion and garlic, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Add sliced zucchini for final 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat.
5. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper, whisking to combine. Add feta, stirring gently to combine.
6. Add onion mixture, cooked potatoes, tomatoes and basil to the egg mixture, stirring gently until well combined.
7. Add remaining olive oil to the same pan over a medium heat. Carefully pour the potato mixture into the pan and place remaining zucchini flowers on top. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until egg begins setting around the edges and starts turning golden at the sides.
8. Place the frying pan in preheated oven to cook for 40 minutes or until set, being careful of the handle when removing from the oven.
9. Serve frittata hot or cold.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...