POTATO & CHORIZO QUESADILLA
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 10 MINS
1 chorizo, finely diced
1 small brown onion, finely diced
1 cup leftover Spud Lite mashed potato, warm
2 teaspoons chipotle chilli in adobo sauce
½ cup vintage cheddar
¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
4 flour tortillas
1 tablespoon baby capers
25g baby cornichons, chopped
½ small red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ cup chopped coriander
½ teaspoon lime zest
Juice of a lime
1. For the salsa verde, place ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place in a bowl and set aside until required.
2. For the quesadillas, place chorizo in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden. Using a slotted spoon remove from pan and set aside until required.
3. Add onion to the same pan, stirring until coated in the chorizo oil. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and place in a medium mixing bowl with mashed potato, chipotle chilli, chorizo, cheddar, coriander, salt and pepper.
4. Place a chargrill pan over a medium-high heat to pre-heat.
5. Spread ¼ cup of potato mixture over half of each tortilla and gently fold tortilla in half. Spray each side with olive oil. Place two quesadilla into preheated chargrill pan, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. Repeat process with remaining quesadilla.
6. To serve, cut quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa verde.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKEPREP TIME: 20 MINS + MARINATING TIMECOOKING TIME: 1 HOURSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal2 tablespoons harissa paste2 tablespoons lemon juice2 tablespoons olive oil750g bag Spud Lite...
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...