CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES
WITH SALSA VERDE AND FETA
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
750g Spud Lite baby potatoes, squashed
Spray olive oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cloves garlic, with skins on
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into segments
½ large red capsicum, deseeded and cut into chunks
Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup parsley, roughly chopped
1/3 cup feta, crumbled
1 tablespoon baby capers, drained
1 tablespoon baby cornichons, drained and chopped
1 pink shallot, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chopped mint
1/4 cup chopped basil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
¼ cup olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220∞C (200∞C fan-forced).
2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place garlic, capsicum and onion in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place cooked potatoes on a roasting tray and squash with back of a spoon. Spray potatoes generously with olive oil until well coated all over and season well with salt and pepper. Place tray in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove baking tray from oven, turn potatoes over and add vegetable mixture to tray. Return tray to oven for a further 25 minutes.
6. For the salsa verde, combine all the ingredients together in a blender until mixture is smooth.
Serve smashed potatoes topped with parsley and feta and drizzled with salsa verde.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE AND CHICKPEA SOUP PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix1 large brown onion, peeled and diced2 sticks celery, diced1 large carrot, peeled and diced400g crushed tomatoes1...
Italian Style Meatballs with Basil & Parmesan Mashed Potato PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 30 MINS SERVES: 4 - 5 INGREDIENTS Meatballs in Tomato Soup 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs ¼ cup milk 250g beef mince 250g pork mince 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 teaspoons dried...
COCONUT, LIME AND CHILLI POTATO BAKE PREP TIME: 25 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR, 40 MINS SERVES: 6 INGREDIENTS 1kg Spud Lite potatoes 270ml tin coconut cream 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock ½ teaspoon soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 long red chilli, deseeded...