ROASTED HARISSA CHICKEN
AND VEGETABLE TRAY BAKE
PREP TIME: 20 MINS
+ MARINATING TIME
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
4 Chicken Marylands, slashed on the diagonal
2 tablespoons harissa paste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
750g bag Spud Lite baby potatoes, halved
1 bunch baby carrots
250g truss cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, cut into segments
2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. For the harissa marinade, combine harissa, juice and 1 tablespoon oil together in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Brush marinade all over each chicken Maryland, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
3. Place potatoes and carrots on a large baking tray with remaining oil, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place prepared chicken on top of vegetables and roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
5. Place onion and remaining oil in small mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
6. Remove pan from oven, adding onion and tomatoes to pan. Reposition chicken to allow even cooking of vegetables.
7. Roast in oven for a further 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
8. Serve roasted chicken and vegetables with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
POTATO, LENTIL AND CAULIFLOWER CURRYPREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOKING TIME: 40 MINSSERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 small cauliflower head, separated into florets2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 large brown onion2 cloves garlic, crushed2 teaspoons grated ginger2 tablespoons mild Indian curry...
ONE POT CHICKEN, LEMON, TARRAGON AND POTATO CASSEROLEPREP TIME: 20 MINS COOKING TIME: 1 ½ hours SERVES: 4 - 6 INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil6 chicken chops (bone in chicken thighs with skin)300g shallots, blanched and peeled200g smoked bacon, chopped3...
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE AND CHICKPEA SOUP PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOKING TIME: 25 MINS SERVES: 4INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix1 large brown onion, peeled and diced2 sticks celery, diced1 large carrot, peeled and diced400g crushed tomatoes1...